Increasing customer convenience through a transparent planning and allocation process
In order to improve mid-term corporate planning and the quality of service to its customers, voestalpine Krems decided to introduce a Sales & Operations Planning (SO&P) process. Until now, the company had mainly worked with budget and order planning, including detailed planning.
An overview of which quantities could be produced when and offered to the customers was therefore not available. The allocation of quantities and capacities now enables transparency in quantity coordination for sales and thus improved communication with the customers.
At the same time, agreed delivery dates can be met on time, stocks reduced and overbooking of capacities prevented.
- SAP APO Demand Planning (DP)
- SAP Global Available to Promise (GATP)
- SAP Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS)
- SAP Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Capacity check in production
- Planability of an additional production order due to existing campaigns, set-up time, optimisation etc.