📌 Our mission: automating a full E2E process in SAP S/4 HANA 🎯 Goal: implement the automation as #independently as possible of the external provision of master and structural data 🔑 Key: parameters have to be derived dynamically from the process. E.g. vendor master data used in the E2E process are created a the beginning of the automation script ✅ Result: test plan that is as independent as possible of master data changes and can be reused in a stable manner over the long term
We realized this with the following steps ⬇️⬇️⬇️:
- Analysis of the process to be tested
- Define the input and output of each test step
- Recognize the necessary error handling of each test step
- Visualization of the test process in BPMN
- Creation of an abstract test model
- Definition of test variances for high test process coverage
- Improve the test script and the process quality
- Run the test again…and again…and again 😉
🤩 Business benefit: more frequent releases due to fully automated E2E scenarios using dynamic data, with zero human intervention and a more stable solution in production. Businesses can devote more time to activities with more added value, than manual testing.
What is your opinion? Let us know!